7 Habits – 7 Days: Boost Your Self-Confidence
The benefits of a healthy amount of self-confidence are many. When you feel confident, it is easier to achieve your goals, others are naturally drawn toward your charisma, and you feel more comfortable in any situation. Life is easier with self-confidence.
Add these 7 habits to your daily routines to boost your confidence:
- Dress Better! Be a sharp dresser. Wearing torn, old, or faded clothes negatively affects your confidence. Research shows that dressing well can boost your self-esteem.
- You do not have to spend an enormous amount of money on expensive designer outfits. When shopping, be frugal but buy nice clothes. You will have fewer items of clothing, but the ones you have will bring you confidence each time you leave the house. The key is how you feel in an outfit.
- Think positive. Each time you notice a negative thought about yourself, switch your focus to something more positive. Negative thoughts drain your self-confidence.
- For example, if you have a thought about not accomplishing all your goals, you can counter it with what you have. Have ready answers for any negativity.
- Speak slower. This may seem like a strange way to increase your confidence, but research shows that those who have higher self-esteem talk slower. Learn to speak slower and pause more often. Your words matter and you do not have to rush them to express yourself.
- People who are not confident in their words or themselves tend to speak fast.
- Volunteer more often. Volunteering can raise your confidence levels in multiple ways:
- Volunteering can increase your skills.
- It can show you that others value your work and ideas.
- It can also help you understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- It gives you the ability to give back and earn gratitude from others. You will feel better and appreciate life more.
- Start a healthy habit. A healthy habit such as exercising on the weekends or eating some fruit at breakfast is an excellent way to boost your self-esteem. You will be able to feel confident that you’re following through with your goals.
- Focus on your body language. Are you scared to raise your head and look people in the eye? Are you frightened to stand up straight and walk with confidence? Your body language shows the world your confidence – or lack of it.
- Mimic strong body language even if you are not feeling confident. By looking more confident, you will start to feel this way.
- Make lists. There are several types of lists you can make to increase confidence:
- The first is a list of your accomplishments. Dig deep and include all of the rewards, ribbons, and other prizes you’ve won. Include things from both the past and present on this list.
- The second list is the things that you are grateful for right now. This list will show you that you have many things in your life that matter and make you happy.
- Post your lists in a prominent place in your home so you can see them on a consistent basis.
If you incorporate these habits into your daily routines, you will enjoy increased self-confidence very quickly. The longer you practice these 7 habits, the more your confidence will grow.
You got this take it one day at a time! Thanks for reading our blog on 7 habits to boost Self Confidence.